Peacocks are fascinating creatures known for their vibrant colors and majestic appearance. Drawing a peacock can be a fun and creative activity for kids of all ages. In this article, we’ll explore a step-by-step guide to Peacock drawing for kids that’s simple, engaging, and perfect for young artists.
Peacock Drawing for Kids: How to Draw a Peacock
Learn how to draw a peacock by drawing along with this engaging drawing guide!
Kids will enjoy this simple step-by-step lesson for learning how to draw a peacock. This easy peacock lesson is perfect for young children looking to learn how to draw.
All drawing steps are included here which make it fun and easy to follow! Expect this drawing to take about 20 minutes, but the art-making process can take more time if a background is created as well.
Drawing is much more fun when you have an easy-to-understand lesson to reference. Enjoy!
Free Printable Peacock Coloring Pages
Peacock coloring pages easy – pencil peacock drawing
Also, You may like: ( FREE PRINTABLE COLORING PAGES FOR ADULTS )
Peacock Drawing Easy and Beautiful
Be creative and colorful! Color the peacock using different crayons. Green and blue match perfectly with yellow, pink, and purple.
You may like: Free Printable Sea Animals Toddler Coloring Page
Peacock Drawing with colour – cute peacock drawing
Peacock lovers. hand-drawn sketch for adult colored
You may like: ( FREE PRINTABLE COLORING PAGES OF SUMMER )
Simple Colorful Peacock Drawing
Free download Hand drew peacock
Also, You may like: ( Free Cute Dinosaur Coloring Pages )
Peacock Mandala Coloring Pages
Hand-drawn peacock sketch for adult coloring book
You may like: ( Free Printable Connect The Dots To Draw Animals )
Peacock Mandala Art with Colour
Peacock drawing images
You may like: ( 50+ BEST CONNECT THE DOTS PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL )
How do you draw a peacock step by step?
How to Draw a Peacock
You may like: ( BABY UNICORN COLORING PAGES FOR KIDS )
Peacock mandala art with colour for beginners
You may like : Free Printable New Year 2024 Coloring Pages PDF
- Colored pencils or markers (optional)
Fun and Easy Peacock Drawing for Kids: A Step-by-Step Guide
Sketching the Body Start by drawing a small oval shape towards the bottom of your paper. This will be the peacock’s body. Don’t worry about making it perfect; a rough sketch will do just fine.
Adding the Head and Neck From the top of the oval, draw a curved line upwards to create the peacock’s neck.
Then, add a small circle at the end of the neck for the head.
Peacock heads are quite small compared to their bodies, so keep the circle relatively tiny.
Drawing the Tail Feathers Now comes the fun part – drawing the peacock’s beautiful tail feathers! Extend a series of long, curved lines upwards from the top of the body. These lines will form the foundation for the feathers.
Adding Details to the Feathers Next, add more curved lines to each of the initial lines you drew in Step 3. These lines will create the intricate pattern of the peacock’s feathers. Don’t worry about making them too precise; the beauty of a peacock’s tail lies in its natural asymmetry.
Decorating the Feathers Using your colored pencils or markers, fill in the feathers with vibrant shades of blue, green, and gold. You can get creative here and experiment with different color combinations. Remember, there’s no right or wrong way to color a peacock – just have fun with it!
Adding Details to the Head Draw a small beak at the front of the circle you created for the head.
Then, add a tiny dot for the eye.
Peacocks have distinct eye markings, so feel free to add a few small lines around the eye for extra detail.
Final Touches Take a moment to review your drawing and make any necessary adjustments. Erase any stray lines or smudges, and add any additional details you’d like.
Once you’re happy with your peacock drawing, you can even add some background elements like flowers or trees to complete the scene.
- Peacocks are the male versions while the females are peahens. Most known for their beautiful iridescent colors it’s only the male peacocks that display their long ornamental tails.
- The males don’t start to develop color until they are about three months old, and it’s not until full maturity at three years old that their famous display tails are in full feather.
- Despite having long, heavy tail feathers when they are in the fan position, peacocks are known to fly short distances as an escape route from predators, or to a nesting site for the night.
- With a wingspan of 5 feet, the peacock is one of the world’s largest flying birds. Peacock feathers make up more than half of the bird’s body length.
- The Indian peafowl is the most common type of peafowl found in zoos and parks around the world. There are shiny blue feathers on its head and neck arranged like scales. Peacocks are native to Southern parts of Asia.
List of fun and free printable How to draw worksheets
- CUTE SUMMER DOODLES TO DRAW
- DRAWING CUTE DESSERTS FOR KIDS STEP-BY-STEP
- CUTE BUT EASY THINGS TO DRAW
- FUNNY DOODLES TO DRAW – DOODLE ART
- HOW TO DRAW CUTE CARTOON ANIMALS EASY
- HOW TO DRAW VEHICLES STEP BY STEP
Drawing a peacock is a wonderful way for kids to explore their creativity and learn about these magnificent birds. By following this step-by-step guide,
Young artists can create colorful masterpieces that are sure to impress friends and family alike.
So grab your pencils and let your imagination take flight with this fun and easy peacock drawing activity!